Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 176: Come On Baby, Light My Fire


Today is a GREAT day! It has been one of the most brilliant and happiest days I've had for a while and all because I attended my photography studies class and we started studying Design Theory. It was magical and moving and confirmed so much to me.

It seems that, as the class progressed, all the things that have been whirring inside me had finally found a landing, a nest to make a home. All the intense feelings I have when I look at art, when I want to create, when I listen to my music, when I experience from within? They all have a tangible home! The poetry I read that moves me......the images that stir my emotions? THEY all have a blessed tangible home....

Today we talked about form and design and content and I got whisked away into another world. A world that feels like a second skin, a world that is pure and beautiful.  It felt like I was Dorothy and this wasn't Kansas anymore....and that I had entered Narnia through my own special wardrobe. The language, the feelings it evoked. I must have looked 'special', sitting there with a stupid grin from ear-to-ear.

I felt like my brain and my heart was doing it's own interpretive dance to music it had never heard before. The language of art and what art is (to me). I seriously had emotional moments when the tutor was talking about things that I only talk to with very few people. It's like she understood and was doing a slow dancing tango with me, with my class....

A voice inside kept whispering "Don't stop, please don't stop. I don't want this night to end. Don't throw me out into THAT world. Keep me safe and warm and cocooned in THIS one" and as sensual as this sounds, I think that's how it really felt for me.

So, I'm happy and 'happy' is an understatement. As Steve Martin as Navin Johnson exclaims in The Jerk "I'VE FOUND MY SPECIAL PURPOSE!!!!"

Now leave me be as I roll around in post-euphoric bliss and lick all the surfaces of this magical place so I don't waste a single skerrick or morsel. Oh come quickly next Tuesday evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment