Sunday, April 10, 2011

DAY 76: Maintaining Kaizen

"WHAT THE F...LYING HUCK IS KAIZEN ?" I hear you ask..... Kaizen is a Japanese word which, in English, most closely translates to "Continuous Improvement."

The most important aspect of staying enthusiastic during your pursuit of continuous improvement is your interest level - your attitude. In saying that, I admit that it can sometimes be difficult to try and maintain a happy happy joy joy when the trials of everyday life can get you down. However, I've found that, like physical exercise can actually give you more energy, which sounds like a paradox, positive mental exercise can likewise make you feel happier.

You know how Peter Pan tells Wendy to "think happy thoughts" and that will help her fly? IT WORKS!!

I started to dissect the meaning behind negative things when they happen ie. WHY did this happen? WHAT is the lesson that I have to learn from this? And it kept me from brooding on how I felt.

Everything, every thing that happens, happens for a reason. I believe that there are messages in life and like a pinball, you'll bounce from one lesson to another to guide you to a better place, a better life, a better job, a better relationship. If you fail to learn the lesson, the message is going to persist  and persist, like a recidivist (I LOVE that word) and get stronger and stronger until you have no other choice but to LEARN by coerce. *laughing*.

If we learn from life's lessons, we IMPROVE and THAT is Kaizen..... the continuous activity of improving.

Or is that evolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment