Wednesday, April 13, 2011

DAY 78: Uncontrollable Laughter

So I'm sitting on the train today, on my way home, and I was sitting between two Uni students. No big deal. One was playing a game on his iPhone and the other was listening to music on his iPod. They both looked very quiet, conservative, geeky IT scientific boys (not unlike the beautiful boy I have now married).

The train is a Lilydale Express but I now realise they don't know that. Not sure where they hailed from but they were Swinburne Uni students and obviously needed to get to Glenferrie station.

(laughing as I type this).....and that precise moment when they both looked up in shock and amazement as the train flew past Glenferrie Station was magic. Student A says "Farrrrk! There goes our station". Student B says "That's okay, we'll just get off at Camberwell and catch the train back", looks back down at his iPod and resumes his game.

And the train kept rocketing forward. So the two guys got up and went to the door to prepare to get off at Camberwell station......and Camberwell station came.....and Camberwell station went by in a blur of bricks and passengers on the platform....(laughing laughing).

Student A: AAAAAAAAARGH!!!! WHAT THE???? - looks at his mate -
Student B: Looks back at his mate and then back out of the door then back at his mate then back out the door.
Student A, in an agitatedly excited voice; We're going to effing Box Hill!! We're not going to our lecture!! We're effing well going to effing Box Hill, which is where our lecture IS NOT going to be.
Student B: *blink blink* "Fark man"

I have tears of stifled laughter welling up in my eyes and I just just remember that my Estee Lauder Magnascopic Mascara is NOT waterproof, so I dive into my backpack because the laughter is leaking out in bursts and spurts that is threatening to shoot out of my nostrils and that's gonna get ugly.

Box Hill finally arrives and the train eventually stops. Both students alight from the train like two hostages from a bank and the whole carriage erupts with laughter.

I have had a good day.

 Disclaimer: I HAVE, in a previous blog, put out this disclaimer that I have an innate ability to find the silly misfortunes of othes extremely funny. I don't mean to be hurtful so if you find me laughing at you, please avoid the urge to act out your violent thoughts on me. I can't help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment