Saturday, March 5, 2011

DAY 40: Photographing Children

  You know, as my own kids have grown up and become adults, I do have to admit to missing having that sweet little being that would look up at you and say "A-Mummy do, peeeeeze??" Okay, that was only Adam because Alex was so independent that she would have preferred to have birthed herself if that was an option to her.

This last year has had me watching young families in the street, on the train, in the shopping centre, anywhere with a certain amount of jealousy. I don't want anymore of my own because I really have been blessed with the two that I've got. Sure, there have been difficult times when there were tears, hissy fits, tantrums (and that was just me) but there have also been the beautiful tender moments, too.

My Universe, being what it's turning out to be, has provided me with the PERFECT answer. Photographing children......serendipity in action. I am surrounded by little children as most of our friends have started creating and expanding their families.

Not only do I get to interract with these beautiful little souls for a short period of time, but I get to capture their innocence at a time when it is so beautifully tangible. I also get to hand them back to their parents a la grandparent style which makes it even sweeter!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed opening up this part of my heart again and sitting on a play mat, engaging with innocence and purity. Little children are so accepting and loving, unconditionally. 

With my new venture, I am so very very fortunate. I get to have allll the good stuff. I get to play and be silly and laugh for no reason. I get to chase butterflies and talk silly and just be childish and free. HOW LIBERATING!!

Before and after

No comments:

Post a Comment