Sunday, March 6, 2011

DAY 41: Freedom means never HAVING to ask for permission


One of the most beautiful things about my relationship (marriage) with Gee (Grant) is the amount of personal freedom I have. Freedom means never HAVING to ask for permission......although being courteously considerate does play a huge part in it.

Gee knows that a large part of my personality requires a lot of space and freedom to come and go as I need. I'd like to say that Grant gives me that freedom but freedom, by it's very meaning, isn't something you give although it CAN be taken away.

Freedom just is.

I've hardly been home in the last week and, for the most part, Gee knows where I've been. The few times he didn't know was because he had forgotten. However, he doesn't nag me, he doesn't hound me, or follow me or check up on me - it's another luxury I have and that is  his TRUST.


I had some spare time today, while I was out, and so I decided to pop in to my sister's place. What ensued was a gorgeously impromptu and spontaneous photo shoot which I've been dying to do for ages and ages. On the drive home, I realised that if I didn't have this sort of freedom, this beautiful event would never have had the opportunity to happen.

1 comment: