Friday, February 4, 2011

DAY 12: My Independence

One of things I treasure the very most is something you can't see but I feel it every single day. It's my independence. I LOVE the fact that I can get up and do what I want, go where I want, when I want and that it is my choice to be considerate of the people in my life to ensure that this independence doesn't impact them negatively.

One of the things I LOVE the most is time alone. Take tonight....my husband is out with his mates, my children are out enjoying their lives and my choice? I am at home exceptionally comfortable in my own company and relishing some 'me' time. I get to listen to my music at the volume I choose (LOUD), I get to watch what I want on TV or to choose whether the TV is even on, which it isn't - my choice!

I earn my own money. I have my own career, my own car, my own thoughts, likes and dislikes. I am my own person. The fact that I share this person with other people makes it even more wonderful but, truth is, I can live on my own and not get lonely.

I LOVE that my husband and I are not inseparable, that we do have separate lives of our own where we get to express our individual likes and dislikes with the freedom of singularity. He likes all things nerdy, geeky, Star Warsy and I like everything that isn't.....hehehehe. I am into art, music and poetry and PHOTOGRAPHY.

To me, my independence is a type of freedom that has a tangible feeling, at times. It feels like stepping off a cliff and, instead of crashing, it feels like I'm flying, soaring. I am in control and that feeling is absolutely ethereal.

It may sound really simple and it may sound like it's no big deal because you may have the same freedom of independence that I, and many others, have.....but, if you look closely enough, not everyone does.

No comments:

Post a Comment