Thursday, February 10, 2011

DAY 18: Wobbling Bitz

We went to see Lady Chatterley's Lover at Ripponlea Mansion tonight and I need to qualify straight off the bat (pardon the pun) that it IS my favourite piece of literature of all time - I've loved D.H. Lawrence since I was 17. The fact that this particular performance was done by the Shakespeare Theatre Co. increased and heightened the experience altogether.

Oh, who am I kidding? There was full frontal nudity (see actors pics above to fully appreciate what I'm saying). There is something to be said about sitting on a picnic blanket, in a gorgeous setting like Ripponlea Mansion, under a blanket of stars on a balmy warm Melbourne night (started off that way anyway and turned into a thundering bucketing downpour as the performance ended - timely), watching a great performance of this gorgeous piece of literature.......with a chicken drumstick in one hand and a handful of chilli-stuffed olives in the other. There was something symbolic that didn't get past me at the time ....nor now.

I've always been fascinated with nudity. I think the human body is absolutely beautiful - always have. We all have those bits in varying size and colour and yet we still have a ridiculous fascination to the naked form as if we've never seen it before. Somewhere in our psyche, surely a voice must say after the initial point-and-giggle, "Heeey I got me some of those....wobbling bitz!!"

In saying that, let me be brutally honest and say I have no recollection whatsoever of the dialogue during the rudey nudey scenes as I was fascinated and dumbstruck into silence like the blithering idiot that I am.

All I heard was "blah blah yah yah yah".....

No comments:

Post a Comment