Sunday, February 6, 2011

DAY 13: Living On A Hill

I used to have pangs of regret, at times, that I live on the side of a hill, which restricted certain choices like having a dog? Or having a vegie garden? But after the deluge of rain we've had recently, I have been relieved and very grateful that living on such undulating land has worked in my benefit, for once.

Have a squiz at the flood, yes that's right, my sloping street ACTUALLY became flooded today as the rain just bucketed down in sheets and sheets of water.

Sure, we don't have a dog because it would only run down the street once and never come back and we can't play ball sports because of the same reason, BUT, every 100 years, when Melbourne has freaky weather, we can sit on our decking and watch people, cars and items of paraphernalia floating past, safe in the knowledge that we won't be.

Nod.

No comments:

Post a Comment