Friday, February 25, 2011

DAY 32: The Magic of Momentum

How wonderful is it when things move, progress, go forward and leave the pier of stagnancy? How wonderful is it when you put sand in the funnel, give a little push and you get those figure eights that Professor Julius Sumner Miller managed in the late 70's?

I am happy today because something I've started has gathered momentum. Still can't say what it is but the day is drawing nigh when I unveil my brainchild.

It started with one small idea moons ago and serendipitously has grown into something beautiful, something larger than I expected. All shall be revealed soon but, for now, let's depart the stage of mystery and move on to the mysteries of motivation.

I'm gonna share with you some of my genuinely favourite quotes that have become mantras to me over the last few months:

·         A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

·         If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney

·         If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. Dale Carnegie

·         Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. Walter Elliot 

·         You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C. S. Lewis

·         What you get by achieving your goals is to as important as what you become by achieving your goals. Henry David Thoreau
If you're sitting there and thinking, "I should"....or..."I wish I did".....or..."What if" then my advice to you is DO IT! I don't ever want to look in the rear view mirror of my life, wishing I gave it a shot. Don't you do the same anymore.

I'm grateful for all the magical things that have guided me to this point, to the beautiful supportive people in my life who have whispered "You CAN" in my ear. You don't know how addictive faith and confidence is.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment