Wednesday, February 9, 2011

DAY 16: Belatedly..... Clingstone Peaches

It's THAT season again.....It's....Clingstone peaches time again!! It is my favouritestestest fruit, maybe even more than  mangoes....*thinking*....Yes, I believe it is.

I gorge myself sick on these babies. I'm not sure why. Like their name, they cling to the inner stone so you can't cut them in half as easily as you would other varieties of peaches but that doesn't stop me .... I wonder how they halved them for the picture above? Because that one has been perfectly halved (this is my internal dialogue here so please excuse me for a minute). I wanna halve my peaches like that!! That's not a euphamism for anything, you dirty minded people.

Anyway, anyway, anyway, if you didn't know, they're the variety most canned because they're firmer and sweeter than the other varieties. Except I LOVE them fresh. Apparently you can't get them as easily in the Northern hemisphere unless you look hard enough - not sure why that is.

We get them plentifully (is that a real word) down here in Australia and, to me, the first appearance of clingstone peaches indicates that glorious summer is HERE! They compliment a beautifully packed picnic basket. They're sexy and gorgeous and juicy......

*doing the dorky dance of the Clingstone Peach to the tune of Sister Sledge's We Are Family*......

No comments:

Post a Comment